Financial WellBeing is a satisfaction with one's overall standard of living. It represents our ability to effectively manage our economic lives. It is our financial security.
What this looks like:
- participation in voluntary retirement plans
- confidence in executing a budget, living within our means, and saving for the future
- being undistracted by financial worries and having resources and tools available
- spending money on memories and experiences, not things
2020 Financial Education Seminar & Webinar Schedule
Every year Iowa State University partners with our retirement vendors to offer free financial education seminars and webinars for employees and significant others. Whether you are learning to spend within your means, invest in your future, or live in retirement, there is a session for you! Please see our 2020 schedule below:
TIAA On-Campus Seminars
All TIAA on-campus seminars are postponed until further notice. TIAA is offering virtual meetings through the local Ames Office and other online tools: Career Stage Resources, TIAA Mobile App, Digital Retirement Planning.
TIAA Online Webinars
August 2020 Live Webinar Schedule - Note: all webinars are available for 30 days after the presentation date.
To register for one of the upcoming webinars, visit TIAA's Live Webinar Lounge, complete the login, and select the webinar of your choice.
AIG Retirement Services
Ameriprise (Keeling Wealth Advisors)
Ameriprise Online Webinars: Updates Coming Soon!
All Ameriprise on-campus seminars are postponed until further notice. Ameriprise is scheduling virtual meetings with clients. Contact 515.253.8200, and ask for Colette or Julie to schedule your appointment.
In addition to this article from CNBC, the following is a list of useful personal finance resources to help you manage your money during this period of uncertainty:
Government Financial Literacy Programs
- MyMoney.gov is a one-stop shop website for government personal finance programs, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Reserve, Securities and Exchange Commission, Social Security Administration, and more!!
- The Veterans Benefits Administration offers various resources to qualified veterans, federal employees/benefit recipients, and the general public.
Learn Online With TIAA, AIG, and Ameriprise
- TIAA is offering virtual meetings through the local Ames Office and other online tools: Career Stage Resources, TIAA Mobile App, Digital Retirement Planning
- FutureFIT® University is an online tool provided by AIG Retirement Services. Users can complete online modules to enhance financial literacy.
- Ameriprise is scheduling virtual meetings with clients. Contact 515.253.8200, and ask for Colette or Julie to schedule your appointment.
Iowa State University Benefit Programs
- The Employee Assistance Program offers free financial and legal consultations for ISU employees.
Cash and Debt Management
- PowerPay is a free, interactive, cash and debt management tool developed by Utah State University Extension faculty and staff.
- Consumer Credit of Des Moines is a non-profit, nationally accredited consumer credit agency specializing in cash and debt management strategies.
Your Personal Finances and COVID-19
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has a webpage specifically designed for COVID-19 information and resources.
- The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education provides a list of financial resources for emergency preparedness.