Mid Morning Mindfulness
Hello and Welcome to the Mid-Morning Mindfulness resource page!
Live sessions are up and going! There will be a new zoom link - so be sure to sign up again and/or request the link below.
There is no better way to stay focused and productive when all around you is a little chaotic than to practice mindfulness. Join your colleagues and the ISU WellBeing team for this regular mindfulness practice. Each week on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 - 10:15 am the ISU WellBeing team, and special guest leaders, will guide a 15-minute session via Zoom. All are welcome in connecting as one ISU community. Whether it is practicing your relaxation breathing technique, sharing in a Loving Kindness meditation, or working on being present in the moment, we look forward to connecting with you.
Tuesdays - Sue Tew Warming, WellBeing Specialist, ISU WellBeing
First and third Thursdays - Stephanie Downs, WellBeing Coordinator, ISU WellBeing
Second and fourth Thursdays - Guest Leader: Douglas Gentile, professor of psychology at ISU, certified meditation teacher, and fully-ordained Zen Monk
To join the conversation,
1. Join us on Zoom. Meeting link available through ISU WorkLife calendar. To access:
Open your Outlook calendar
In the Home tab, click on Open Calendar>From Address Book
Enter “ISU WorkLife” and select
From the ISU WorkLife calendar view select one of the sessions (or series) displayed. Click on the registration link provided
2. Email Mid-Morning Mindfulness to receive a registration link for the series.
3. Email ISU WellBeing with additional questions.
When you are unable to join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 am - here are some resources to support your practice:
1. Listen to Mid-Morning Mindfulness Recordings, you can find them here - Mid-Morning Mindfulness Recordings
2. Ames option - The local Unitarian fellowship hosts a Mindfulness and Meditation group every Sunday from 6:00 - 7:00 pm (Dr. Douglas Gentile is one of the leaders). The 2nd and 4th Sundays from 4:30-6:00 pm they hosts a Buddhist study group (Dr. Gentile is the leader). The links for the zoom are here: http://www.uufames.org/covid19 On Zoom now, will post on website when going to go to in person sessions.
3. Check out Insight Timer, it has an web-based and app-based options. There are MANY resources that are FREE. Various types of meditations are offered including guided, silent, sounds, etc.
4. Check out Calm, it has web-based and app-based options. Another great site with MANY resources that are FREE. Various types of meditations and some questions as you begin that help direct you to what will serve you best.
5. Check out Mindful Center At Brown University. They offer FREE Community Mindfulness session live 7-days a week (schedule might be different over break). They are various times and lengths - plus one includes yoga and one is conducted in Spanish. Another good option to check out.
6. Check out East Coast Mindfulness' Worldwide Sit. The staff of East Coast offer this free weekly online experience each Thursday from 11:10 am - 11:50 am (Iowa time). If is fun to have a mindfulness experience with people from literally all over the world. Check it out!