Hello and welcome!
Live sessions are started again NOW! Plan to join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am via zoom.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the registration link. (Same zoom link as during spring series)
We hope that you can join us live - if you are unable to - check out the online resources and recordings below.
There is no better way to stay focused and productive when all around you is a little chaotic than to practice mindfulness. Join your colleagues and the ISU WellBeing team for this regular mindfulness practice. Each week on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 - 10:15 am the ISU WellBeing team, and special guest leaders, will guide a 15-minute session via Zoom. All are welcome in connecting as one ISU community. Whether it is practicing your relaxation breathing technique, sharing in a Loving Kindness meditation, or working on being present in the moment, we look forward to connecting with you.
Tuesdays and second/fourth Thursdays: - Sue Tew Warming, Certified Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher, ISU WellBeing Consultant
First and third Thursdays: Stephanie Downs, Senior WorkLife and WellBeing Coordinatoruglas
To join the conversation
Email ISU WorkLife to receive a registration link for the current series or if you have additional questions.
When you are unable to join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 am - here are some resources to support your practice:
1. Listen to Mid-Morning Mindfulness Recordings, you can find them here - Mid-Morning Mindfulness Recordings
2. Check out Insight Timer, it has a web-based and app-based options. There are MANY resources that are FREE. Various types of meditations are offered including guided, silent, sounds, etc.
3. Check out Calm, it has web-based and app-based options. Another great site with MANY resources that are FREE. Various types of meditations and some questions as you begin that help direct you to what will serve you best.
4. Check out Mindful Center At Brown University. They offer FREE Community Mindfulness session live 7-days a week. They are various times and lengths - plus one includes yoga and one is conducted in Spanish. Another good option to check out.
5. Check out East Coast Mindfulness' Worldwide Sit. The staff of East Coast offer this free weekly online experience each Thursday from 11:10 am - 11:50 am (Iowa time). If is fun to have a mindfulness experience with people from literally all over the world. Check it out!
6. Check out East Coast Mindfulness' online resource library with 100+ video recordings available for FREE. You can practice with Jon Kabat-Zinn, Andrew Holecek, Susan Piver, Mark Nepo, Rebecca Eldridge, Margaret Fletcher and others. Browse a wealth of topics to find what's just right for any moment. These video practices are available for free, at any time that fits your life.