ISU WellBeing has added some new Campus Walking Resources to our website! Under the Resources tab, you will find Walking on Campus. This section includes Maps, Safe Walking Tips, Create Your Own route, How Do I Host a Walking Meeting, and other Walking Resources!
- On our Maps page, you can find a variety of maps for the ISU campus. There are several maps with distances ranging from one-half to five miles. You can choose what works best for you. Each map route can be downloaded as a PDF for easier viewing or printing. Be sure to check out the fun facts included with each route to learn a little more about Iowa State.
- The next section is all about Safety: walking at night, in various weather, or even with children. These are general safety guidelines; if you’re interested in more detail about safe walking you may want to check out the additional links provided.
- The third page is information on where you can Create Your Own walking route! ISU WellBeing suggests two online mapping tools: Google Maps and Map My run. This page provides considerations for both online tools. This is an excellent way to create off-campus routes (or your own campus route) and get moving no matter where you are.
- The fourth resource is information on How Do I Host a Walking Meeting. This tab elaborates on what walking meetings are, how to organize them, and the benefits on incorporating walking meetings to your everyday routine. It’s a great way to get some fresh air while you work – especially since spring has sprung!
- The final addition is the extra Walking Resources. This includes a guideline to what your walking type is, how walking helps your mind, and how it can benefit your work life! The bottom of the page includes links for updated events in the Ames and the Greater Des Moines area.
This is just a sneak peak of what you will find under Walking on Campus! We hope you will find this to be a valuable resource that supports you in in getting outside more and enjoying the beauty of campus. For those on Adventure2, keep an eye out the next couple weeks for a challenge related to our new Walking on Campus resource!