Outdoor Safe Walking Tips
According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), there are a few safety tips to keep in mind when walking or moving. Pedestrians are the most vulnerable users of the road. It’s important to consider where, when, and how you’re walking to stay safe.
I’m planning a walk at night, what should I do?
- Wear Reflective Clothing
- Or light colored clothing, if you don’t have reflective gear
- Carry a Flash light
- Use well lit paths
- Walk with a friend if possible
- Carry a mobile device in case of emergencies
I’m planning to walk during rush hour (or busy time), what should I do?
- Cross the street at designated cross walks
- Yield to vehicles, even though pedestrians have the right of way
- Wait for directions from stop lights
- Utilize crossing guard areas