ISU Employee Flu Vaccine Clinic, Fall 2023
Extra One-Day Clinic November 9th!
NEW Location: State Gym, Fitness Studio, Room 1218 (please enter behind State Gym by the parking lot)
Dates: ONE-DAY CLINIC Thursday, November 9 | 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
ISU WellBeing is partnering with Occupational Medicine to provide flu vaccinations to eligible ISU employees. The vaccine is provided at no cost as a service through ISU WellBeing.
The CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against this serious disease. While there are many different flu viruses, the seasonal flu vaccine is designed to protect against the top three or four flu viruses that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. People should begin getting vaccinated soon after flu vaccines becomes available, ideally by October, to ensure that as many people as possible are protected before flu season begins. For more information on the flu vaccine for 2023, visit the CDC website at 2023-2024 Influenza Season.
- High risk employees are those who are pregnant, older, or have other medical conditions or disabilities: see CDC guidelines.
- For those 65 and older, the higher dose vaccine is recommended. It is not available at our employee clinic.
The following groups are eligible to receive this free service:
- Faculty, Professional and Scientific, Merit and Post Docs (must be benefits-eligible classification)
- University Child Care (employees only)
- Retirees on health plan who are not yet 65
- ISU Foundation employees
- Iowa State Daily employees
The following groups are NOT eligible for this campus clinic:
- Students (undergraduate and graduate) and visiting scholars are not eligible for this service. Please contact Thielen Student Health Center (515-294-5801) for vaccination information.
- Spouses and dependents are not eligible for this service.
Here are some tips to help make your flu vaccination go as smoothly as possible:
- No appointment or pre-registration is necessary.
- It is a paperless process– employees will need to know their ISU ID to get the vaccine.
- Wear a short sleeve or loose fitting shirt for ease of administration.
- Main flu clinic entrance is the southwest corner of the building– please follow the signs to the accessible doors!
- Parking is available.
- Parking is available in the General Staff lot immediately south of State Gym, which runs parallel to Sheldon Ave.
- Parking lot requires a permit. (Lot #1 on this map ISU Online Campus Map (iastate.edu)
- There will be a limited number of free non-staff permit spaces available close to the entrance.
- Cy-Ride also stops outside of State Gym on Union Drive.